You should keep learning as long as you are ignorant, – even to the end of your life
The following statements of Dr. Diyashev should be pointed out:
- Production should be performed efficiently today, because the resource will become invaluable later. Brownfields should be prioritized for production, it is important to increase efficiency of drilling.
- The high energy density premium and convenience fee will be eliminated, since a steady drop in oil and gas prices is expected in the world.
- The world is entering the era of saturation with energy and rough price competition between different energy sources. The supermajors of the markets in the following decades will be oriented at increasing their competitiveness via a combination of technologies.
- 3/4 of all oil produced is used for 3 porposes: ground transportation, heating and electricity production, and as jet fuel.
- Approximately 2/3 of natural gas is used for electricity production and for industrial energy production.
- We are enetering the era of energy resources competition. We know, who will win. It is a matter of time.
- Our grandsons will not need oil. We need to extract is as soon as possible.
- Shale oil and gas boom and the spread of alternative energy will continue to expand. Price decrease is a long-term trend.
- Oil reserves are sufficient for another 150-380 years. For practical reasons it is an endless resource. There should be no such thing as cost of resources, only cost of an energy unit.
- Spreading of electric vehicles will give birth to a steady trend of reduced demand for oil. Tesla, with sales 120 times less than GM, already reached a half of its market value".
- We need to focus on intensifying brownfields. Investments in new expensive projects, such as the the Arctic offshore reservoirs, have an infinite payback period.
Video (6 parts, in Russian) of Dr. Diyashev's lecture is available at: