The past year has become the year of true establishment of the Association, confirming the efficiency of joining efforts of the market players with the purpose of solving the topical issues on the industry’s agenda.
As a result of fruitful collaboration, the gas production industry has delivered the several important achievements in 2017:
- the implementation of the Concept for Development of Ukraine’s Gas Production Industry by 2020 as the strategic roadmap for the Government and the companies has begun;
- the stimulating taxation and stabilization clause were introduced;
- decentralization of royalty was started to direct them to develop the local communities;
- new Rules of Development of Oil and Gas Fields were implemented;
- the requirement to reassess reserves every 5 years was cancelled;
- a constructive dialog was started between the industry, the European institutions, and the energy regulator regarding the improvements of the gas transmission tariff policy.
The base priorities of the reforms of the gas production industry for 2018 should be in the four areas:
- draft Law № 3096-d;
- the state should propose a large-scale program of proposing new licenses for exploration and development of hydrocarbons;
- liberalization of the geoscience data turnover;
- modernization of the basic legislation.